Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Weighing Wednesdays

I've decided to enter myself in my own version of The Biggest Loser. I need to lose the 20 pounds that I've put on during 2007, and I've discovered that I don't do well unless I have some sort of accountability, or at least some competition.

I have decided to declare each Wednesday "Weighing Wednesdays." Don't get too excited, because I'm not going to post my actual weight, that would cause you to fall out of your computer chair from utter shock, but I am going to post the amount of weight that I've lost each week.

Since college, I've had great success with the Weight Watchers program, and I know it well, so I don't want to have to rejoin and pay them money each week, just so I can make myself have some self control when it comes to food. So, I'm asking the blogger world to hold me accountable. Basically I will keep my exercise consistent and cutdown on the amount of food I intake. I'm not big on total deprival, so there might be a week or two where I only lose a tenth of a pound or just maintain, but it's better than gaining! I really want to stick with the postings, so make sure you comment if you don't see a posting each week.

As they say at Weight Watcher meetings. . ."You'll See Less Of Me Next Week!"

Oh, and if anyone wants to join me on this fat wagon, please feel free! Below is a picture of me today, sitting at my desk with my chubby cheeks. I can't wait to see the progress (you'll notice I will lose weight first in my face and then my boobs - isn't that a cryin' shame?!).

5 comments:

Maddie said...

You look skinny! I am a fat ass! It seems like yesterday when I could skip a meal and walk around the block and lose 10 lbs. NOW??? I starve and gain 10 labs. getting old sucks. I would love to join your wednesday weight loss blog but I feel fat and hopeless at this point...

mindy said...

Great idea Lauren! I'd like to join you as well.

Carissa said...

I will too!

Anonymous said...

I love that sweet smile! I think you look beautiful- but as I gain I will encourage you as you loose- remember though, not just "bread and water" :)

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

You are so funny, and adorable! I can't see the weight on you...but of course can feel your pain. I also need to lose 20 lbs (exactly!). I am 15 lbs heavier than I was in high school & would love to finally shed it all. I have gone up & down for years now & just want it behind me for good. I use to do Weight Watchers as well, and loved it! I put myself on a less food/more exercise plan last week & would love to be accountability partners with you. Here we go...Weighing Wednesdays!