Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Celebrity Encounters. . .

You know how there are some people who have met a ton of celebrities? Usually these people are loaded, or they're in the right place at the right time, or they have a particular job that positions them to meet people in the spotlight.

Well, I fit none of these categories of people. However, I have met a few VIPs in my 28 years. My list is short, and it actually makes me laugh out loud - because I need to get to work if I'm going to beef up my celebrity encounters before I die.

Just to make myself feel better, one photo is missing from the list - I met Miss Texas 2006 last year and I look GINORMOUS standing next to her. I'll have to dig that one up - assuming I didn't rip it to shreds; very bad for the self-esteem.

Country Musician Vince Gill - I think I was 16 - one word: YIKES!












Kidd Kraddick, 106.1 Kiss FM DJs - I met everyone except for Kidd Kraddick himself. I loved this day, because Kellie, Big Al and Rich all acted just as I thought they would. Kellie was sort of cold-shouldered and acted pretty much like a "B." Big Al called me "baby" and tried to flirt and Rich was absolutely genuine and precious.




























Former Dallas Cowboy Daryl Johnston - Josh pulled this one off. He also got to meet Governor Rick Perry, but no picture. That same night, he laid his eyes on President Bush & First Lady Laura exiting Air Force One. That trumps all of my celebrity encounters put together!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lauren, I've been meaning to post a comment! You help me pass the some of the minutes in my day when I think I've been removed from planet Earth and relocated somewhere unrecognizable (aka work). Anyway, it could only be my LOVE for Kidd Kraddick that could get me to post. I used to love driving to DFW in the morning listening to them. I tell everyone from Iowa about your great radio station, and how I'll continue to loath mornings until I can laugh my way through my big Des Moines commute like I did back in my days in Keller. Keep up the entertaining posts (I need them). :)