Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, January 12, 2008

2007: A Year Review In Pictures

January 2007: The sight of snow from our front door.









February 2007
: No pictures. How sad to not have documented the month of Cupid's love! I'll definitely make up for this terrible oversight in '08.

March 2007: I went to Abilene to speak to AkO members at a spring retreat, and had a fabulous time. Also bought my first new car - a sassy hard-top convertible, which was kind of bratty, but I promised I would never ask for another new car again as long as I live! It was time to retire the '98 Honda I had been driving since I graduated high school. Other events included my second cousin's wedding; we had a memorable experience hanging out with our relatives at the reception - some normal, some not so much normal.






























April 2007: Hosted a small group from Church at our house. Very interesting dymamic of people, but many laughs were shared.









May 2007: Our family hosted a celebration at Mexican Inn marking the one-year anniversary of my grandmother Lyn going to be with Jesus. Friends and family came and we shared our favorite memories of such a remarkable human being who blessed us with her life. I still can't believe she's gone.









June 2007: I surprised Josh with tickets to see The Police in concert. We were in the nose-bleed section, but had such a good time. They were awesome to see live. (This is his "surprised" face)












July 2007: We spent the fourth of July during the day in Southlake Town Square and watched a couple of different fireworks shows that night.









August 2007: Josh and I did a "Tour de Tejas" in August and had a blast. We drove to New Braunfels and went to Schlitterbahn and then drove to Galveston for a couple of days and met Jacquie, Spruce & Lynlee for a little visit.









September 2007: Football, football, football. The season was kicked off big time watching one of the most hyped up high school football games of all times take place at SMU's stadium. Here's "the girls" pictured below.








October 2007: The fall & winter are my favorite seasons. The celebrations begin with Josh's birthday, then Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, etc. Thus the reason for needing to lose 20 pounds pronto. :) October was a great month. I visited my sister in Lubbock and went to ACU's Homecoming.








































November 2007: Tis the season to be thankful. Below is a picture of my sister and me getting the Christmas season started off right in Dallas. We went to Sprinkles Cupcakes for the first time. VERY good and a dangerous place to visit (calorie wise).












December 2007: What a fun month - and so many pictures to choose from, but I went with one of my favorites from the cruise celebrating our fourth anniversary.










Thank you God for another year in this world you created. May we make you proud in 2008 with our words, our actions and our lives.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

You are too cute!! I loved looking at all the pictures! Sorry about not getting back to you about the Bolen's party. It just occurred to me that we didn't talk about it again. Well, we ended up not going...sorry about that!

Maddie said...

Looks like a great Year! We Need to get together sometime!

Tiffany said...

What a fun year! I want to see a picture of this fabulous convertible!

Jacquie said...

Yea, I made the list! I can't wait for an exciting 08!