Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Truth Shall Set You Free


Thank you God for your truth that sets me free. This makes my heart tingle.

I am so grateful for His truth and for the fact that nothing can save me but God's grace - and in His grace lies sweet freedom. It makes me feel as though I can do anything imaginable with Him. . .Hallelujah!

Everytime I go back to visit ACU, I think of the old Administration Building which displays this statement of faith that I've adapted as words to live by for my life. I used to walk by these words day after day when I was in school, and suddenly the meaning struck me. It was my senior year and I think it was a divine culmination of everything ACU had taught me during those four years. What power.

And this power is alive and well. There's been a series of tough things I've been dealing with lately. Some are my own personal issues, and some affect those close to me - but despite the pain and darkness of this world - Jesus' truth remains unwavering and this makes everything else bearable when put in perspective. The truth continues to set me free. This is what's on my heart right now - and I wanted to share. . .

Transitioning to a lighter subject. We've entered into celebration season, which was kicked off by Josh's birthday, followed by Halloween and then my birthday is just around the corner as well as my sister's, father-in-law's, Thanksgiving, etc. etc. etc. Below are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure - and also a couple from Homecoming. Check out Katie's best effort to look completely disturbed. :) Have a great week!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok, where did you get that fun birthday cake in the picture with Josh? I NEED to know!!! It is so fun!!!!!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I agree, the truth shall set you free. Finding solace and comfort in God's promises is what's getting me through a very rough time too. "I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? MY help comes from the LORD, the Maker of Heaven and earth." And I believe Him when He tells me He'll give me no more than I can handle, and He obviously thinks I'm a MUCH stronger person than I do because I've reached what I thought was my breaking point numerous times lately. I just love reading blogs where people praise God for the things they have, and the things they are going through. Amazing1

JKMeeks said...

that is such a pretty family in the picture on the mantel behind you and Josh...who might they be? ha ha! we loved having yall for homecoming. Come again please! :)

jennifer said...

Love all the pictures! And very deep thoughts...thanks for sharing!