Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, November 11, 2007

B-day Bashes, DWTS & Song of the Week

Great week.

We celebrated my birthday this week and my sister's over the weekend. I'm another year older and loving it, because the alternative would be to not be alive - so I choose to be 28! That age sounds sophisticated but still young and vibrant (or that's what I'll keep telling myself.) Mucho Mexican food was consumed this week and that's fine by me. I went to Cristina's for lunch on Tuesday with co-workers, Posado's Tuesday night with family and Pappasito's Thursday night with Josh and his side of the family. Josh got me an iphone which I had been begging for - I highly recommend it. I don't know how I lived without it before. Simply amazing.

The sister turns 24 this Thursday so she and her new "special friend Reid" came in town Friday night. We had a lot of fun spending time together and I released the domestic side of myself and spontaneously cooked brunch Saturday morning. It was surprisingly good, I only screwed up the eggs, which is kind of important - but we still had pumpkin bread, sausage kolaches, waffles, cinnamon rolls and bacon to choose from (I'd like to note that none were from scratch - but I did a great job heating them up). Anyway, as I begin another year of life, I look forward to what God has in store for me. My goal is to make Him proud no matter what.

Random side note: I am a self-proclaimed "non-TV addict," but I l-o-v-e DWTS (Dancing With The Stars). I was baffled by Sabrina's elimination, but at least she has time now to date her partner, Mark. They are precious and I want them to get married and have babies. (I prefaced this by saying it was a random side note - and it is) - anyway, I'm going to miss the show tomorrow night because I have a Board meeting, and it's going to be a real nail-biter because just about anybody could be eliminated at this point. I like Jennie Garth a lot because she seems so down to earth. She's totally opposite from the character (Kelly) she played on "90210." If I could find my sterling silver 90210 necklace that I so proudly wore in the early 90s I would sport it, but I'm afraid it's lost somewhere with my Vanilla Ice and New Kids on the Block cassette tapes. As far as the other contestants, Jane Seymour has been a total shocker. I originally thought she'd be hittin' the road in the first few weeks, but she's been surprisingly fabulous. I think I'm most ready for Helio or Marie to go, I'm so over both of them. Although when it comes to TV shows, my heart belongs to The Office. In my humble opinion, it's the most entertaining show of all times - second only to 90210, of course! :)

Below are a few pictures from this weekend.

Friday night football game with siblings





















Brunch Party '07















Lastly, Josh has gotten me hooked on this song: Overkill by Kosheen. He loves techno and I usually would rather eat glass than listen to techno, but this is an awesome song to get you pumped up to workout. Enjoy.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love the mature outlook on 28! You know, this may change, but I'm actually excited about being in my 30s. I think it'll be our best decade yet!

Maddie said...

HI LAUREN!!!! I am glad you are blogging! I found yours on Jacquie's Blog. Hope you are doing well!! Maddie

Abbe said...

I'm so excited you are blogging. I found you through Maddie! Keep up the good posts.