Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two New Things Tried



I love trying news things, and this weekend I got to do not one, but two!

#1: One new thing was not so fun, and definitely not documented with photos. It was a yoga class. I'm still not quite sure my hips have completely locked back into place. That lady had us so twisted and turned, I'm just grateful I was on the back row. I really wanted to crack up laughing for the first 30 minutes, but by the end of the class I had really opened my mind up to the whole idea. I hate it when others are close-minded and judgmental, and I was guilty of that at first - but I really do believe that if I weighed 95 pounds. . .yoga would be a great fit for me! However, until I weigh 95 pounds, I believe I'll stick with the treadmill. :) There is just too much of me to hold up standing on one foot with my back arched - stretching to the ceiling. It was really cool at the end of the class (not only because it was over and I was still alive), but also because she had us get into our "gratitude" position and we took a few moments to reflect on all of the blessings in our lives. Yoga can be a very mind-clearing and spiritual exercise - and for me, was a wonderful chance to thank God (while burning calories) for all that he's given me.



#2: Hot air balloon riding!
The husband and I got to go up in a hot air balloon! Yes, it was a quick ride - but it was exhilirating! We happened to be driving by a local shopping center and there was this ginormous balloon - and they were giving people FREE rides! We were totally in. We signed our lives away - basically saying we wouldn't sue if I fell out of the balloon from thousands of feet in the air - and then were set.




4 comments:

Jacquie said...

When did you do that? On the way to Lynlee's party or on your way home? Is this why you were late :)?

jennifer said...

How fun!!! Way to go trying new things!! I think I would have been pretty scared up in the hot air balloon, and doing yoga for that matter!

Maddie said...

Love your yoga picture! You look great and very flexable! :) My mom is a big Yogie now... she is on the slippery slope to holistic medicine, soy, tufu and all that "earth mother" crap. very entertaining.

LoriLoo310 said...

I love yoga. I've been doing it regularly for a few months now and I feel so great.

Hot air balloon ride sounds like fun. I'll have to plan for one when I can find a place that does them.