Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Hi. . .I'm not dead!

I'm not dead, I'm just not a dedicated blogger. I've been so busy lately, you'd think I was running for President. I mean, how do the truly important people get everything done in the course of a day? I guess they just hire help.

Anyway, all is well in our household, and Emily reminded me that I'm almost under the 100-day mark. I wanted to do a poll on whether we're having a boy or girl. . .but that's a little after-the-fact. I'm still curious, though. I'll tell you what I'm having, but if you feel like blogging, tell me what you initially thought it was. That's fun. :)

We are having a. . . .













Can you tell by my toes and shoes that I was thinking b-l-u-e?! We're having a baby boy. And he's bound to be one well dressed little one. The above picture is his stash of clothes after we'd known "it" was a "he" for a couple of hours. We had a "blues" dinner the night we made our announcement. I just happened to have some blue toenail polish on-hand. I wonder why I keep things - but then I'm sure glad I have them when I need them!!! :)

Definitely exciting. All of the fun tests and quizzes I took said girl, but from day one - my mom said it was a boy. She's just about never wrong, so I was pretty sure it would be a little prince. I wonder what kind of "boy mom" I'll make. What if I accidentally put a bow in his hair. . .if it's camo, I'm assuming that won't scar him for life. This is just so much fun, and God has been so good to me. . .what a great pregnancy this has been.

So, I'm thinking about doing Facebook instead of blogging, I think I would be better at that. If you're on Facebook, do you like it?

11 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

That's awesome. You'll love having a little boy. Boys and their moms have really special bonds. I'm so happy for you!

Emily said...

I say keep the blog. I have a facebook page, but i think it's a lot more superficial than an old-fashioned what's really going on in your life blog.

YEA BLUE!!! We can't wait to meet him!!

Jacquie said...

I say keep the blog too! But you still need to get a facebook page. You don't really need to be dedicated to facebook.

Love the blue toes!

And yeah for an update!!

Kristinsgirls said...

Hey, stranger in Texas! I say keep blogging but get on facebook. I would love to chat with you sometime. I miss that smiling face!

jennifer said...

I am with everyone else...keep blogging and get a facebook. I would be your friend!! :) Glad your pregnancy has been so great! (And thanks for updating...I was getting worried!) Yea for little boys!

Allison Connor said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I think you will be a great boy mom!

I love Facebook, but I agree with the others it is not really a way to keep up with others or tell stories. It is really fun though, you should defintely get on there.

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

Looks like I agree with the masses. Facebook is fun and easy, so join...but even if you only blog once in a while it's so much more personal. I feel like I can really know how y'all are doing here. And I am with Jen, glad to hear from you. I was worried! How EXCITING. I was guessing a boy, and think you will make a perfect boy mom...and he will be ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to meet him. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy too, and I hope to see you soon!

mindy said...

Yay! Congratulations on your upcoming baby BOY!You'll be a wonderful boy's mama! I'm so excited for you! I love that you had a blue party right away...that is so you!!! As a fellow blog slacker, I say KEEP IT, even if you don't update often, but get facebook too, it's easy, and you can spend lots or very little time on it. Hope to see you and baby boy to be at homecoming!

Renae said...

Congratulations! Little boys are wonderful. There is such a special bond between boys and their moms. I'm so happy for you!

--renae

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! You and Josh will be wonderful parents. Little boys are so much fun, I am so excited for you. I just started bloging and I like it, but facebook is great to reconnect with old friends. Either way you can't go wrong. I agree with everyone else though, do both!

auntkasey said...

Little boys are so fun! You guys will be great! I think you should post a preggo picture. Some of us haven't seen you in person!