Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Words . .

Now that the initial shock has worn off. . .I think I can post a few words. :) I always hear people say God has a sense of humor, and I truly believe that now. We've always wanted to be parents, but we had our perfect "plan" laid out. That plan was intended to kick in at the beginning of 2009, but I've been reminded once again that God's plan is not only best - it's perfect.

Pregnancy has been a wonderful experience so far. Of course there are the typical inconveniences, like aversions to food, odors, waking up in the morning. . .wait, I've always had an aversion to that. :) But, I have no cause to complain. No major morning sickness and I'm so excited to be over the hump of the first trimester.

We covet any and all prayers for us as we begin this new chapter in our lives. Honestly, I am 100 percent freaked out about motherhood, but God gently reminds me each morning to slow down, and take one day at a time. Although I have to admit, I still find myself having nightmares about how to raise a 16 year-old. Thank goodness they come out as infants! I'm also blessed to have several dear friends who have paved the path of how to be a wonderful mom for me - and I'm following their examples ever so closely.

More posts to come about my thoughts, fears and joys. . .and maybe some tummy pics when it starts to not look like an over-sized pooch of fat.

Earlier this month, I had a conference for work in Washington D.C. It happened to fall over the weekend of the 4th of July this year, so we were able to watch the fireworks over the Washington Monument - that was something spectacular.




14 comments:

auntkasey said...

Oh man! We live like 20 minutes from DC. I wish I knew you were here so we could take you to a congrats dinner. Next time.
And Em told me you look terrific!

Tammy said...

You two will be the best parents. I have seen you in action with mine. And my word, look at the examples in your own family. How blessed you are to model after such women. You are a joy and a blessing to me and my kids. Enjoy each season you are in.

Blessings
Tammy

Crystal said...

I could have taken you out for dinner on another night! Crazy girl, we live 2.5 hrs away.
God taught us about OUR plans as well, so cool that he really knows whats best for us!
Blessings to you and the bebe.

jennifer said...

We are so excited for you and Josh!!! You are going to be fabulous parents, so much fun with lots of energy!!

Jeremy said...

Hey Lauren! Katie told me the good news and i'm so happy for you. Hope you are feeling well and your pregnancy goes smooth! Tell Josh I said hi.

Haley said...

God knew your plan...you will be parents the beginning of 2009, you just thought that's when pregnancy was supposed to start, He says parenthood...same difference!

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

Hi Lauren!! Being a mommy is great...and you will be AWESOME!!! I know it!

I noticed that you have a link to Kat's updates on the left of your blog! Thanks!! Keep praying for our sweet friend!

jeri

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I can't believe you guys were in DC! Next time you are here - definitely let me know.

Also - congrats on your pregnancy! That is so exciting. I hope that things are going well.

I will definitely keep you guys in my thoughts and Prayers!

Kristinsgirls said...

Congrats the Higgins girls are excited for you both. My girls love both of you! I hope to hear more soon. Kristin

Abbe said...

Try not to be too freaked out. I got increasingly nervous as the big day approached, but everything worked out fine. I was way over stressed for no good reason. Once they are here you just figure it out, and they are too little to know when you screw it up. :) You will be a wonderful mother I know it.

Kyle and Kerrie said...

Hope all is going well with the pregnancy...any word on what you're having?

auntkasey said...

I want some updated pics Lala! I bet you are the cutest preggo lady ever!

jennifer said...

UPDATE! UPDATE!

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

I hope you two are doing well. I have been missing your updates, but am definitely one to understand the lull. I can't always keep up with my blog either. Sending hugs to you both..and hope I get to see you again soon. LOVE, Elizabeth