Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Welcome to. . .The Hammock

I'm rejoining the blogger world. Watch out! I took down my first blog over a year ago. Josh didn't like it because he said it had too much specific detail about our lives, our occupations, where we live, etc. And, with so many crazy people roaming the Internet world, I heeded his advice - and decided to take it down.

However, I really believe blogs are a useful tool to keep in touch with people you do and do not know. I feel like I have "blogger buddies", whom I've never even met. I just find it so interesting to read the mundane details of other peoples' lives, and I guess in some weird way, I feel the need to share my own mundane details, too. So I'm back in a more discrete way. . .we'll see how long that lasts. I'll definitely be posting pictures, because blogs are just uninteresting without them. In fact, I think I'll be posting my favorite pictures from the last several months. There are many to choose from, but I'll just have to pick the one that best depicts the "story of the month." Below is my sister and me at the pumpkin patch when I visited her earlier this month. We also just celebrated Josh's birthday. I'll post those pictures later.

Writing is such a form of release and therapy. I think I'm going to like my newly, reinvigorated and somewhat anonymous blog. I'm excited. . .and I'd like to officially welcome you to The Hammock. While on a jog this afternoon I was thinking about blogging again, and while I was pondering the notion, I saw a hammock in a backyard. It looked so relaxing and inviting, I wanted to just hop in it and read a book. I don't often take much time to simply be still and reflect. I'm hoping this journal will help me do just that, and I hope in some way, you'll do the same in your own life. Here's to The Hammock. . .prop up your feet and stay a while. :)

October 2007 - Sisters at the Pumpkin Patch



9 comments:

jennifer said...

YAY!! I love it!! Now you have to keep it updated!! We had so much fun the other night with you guys. Thanks for letting us come and crash the party!!

Carissa said...

I saw your picture on Jennifer's blog. You look awesome!! Glad to hear you're back in the blogger world!

Leslie said...

Wohoo! I am glad you are back!!!

Jacquie said...

Welcome back!

JKMeeks said...

WELCOME BACK! We are so glad you are here!

Tiffany said...

YAY! I'm glad you rejoined! Can't wait to read more and I'm so glad you confessed to reading mine! Good to see you last weekend!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Here's to the Hammock!!! I'm so excited you are back!!!!!

Love Molly

LoriLoo310 said...

Glad you're back!

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

I must say I am glad you are blogging again too! I just joined the blogging world & found you via Leslie's page. Mike would probably give me the same lecture if I told him I was on here, but sometimes what they don't know won't hurt them. Hope this keeps us in touch more. And I hope to see you guys soon. You two are PRECIOUS, and I miss you.